#101, 10033 - 80 Avenue NW
Edmonton, AB T6E 1T4

Full Service Law Firm

McGlashan & Mackinnon is a full service law firm dedicated to the ethical, effective, and efficient practice of law to serve the best interests of our clients.  McGlashan & Mackinnon was formed on July 16, 2001 and has served Northern and Central Alberta with pride ever since, including Edmonton, Fort McMurray and more.

Find out more

Your Future Depends on a Great Defense

When you are charged with a crime, there are a wide range of outcomes that can happen. Your defense lawyer is your key to making sure you experience the best possible one. Making the right choice is essential.

At McGlashan and MacKinnon, our experienced and qualified defense attorneys know what it takes to get you justice. They will aggressively and effectively represent you in a court of law, presenting powerful evidence and negotiating with expertise. Your case will be in the hands of capable professionals.

No matter the severity of your crime, we will work to reduce your sentence, lessen the impact, and ensure you are able to move forward with your life. We understand that accidents happen, and that one mistake shouldn’t haunt you for the rest of your life.

Don’t risk your future. Choose McGlashan and MacKinnon as your criminal defense lawyers.

Learn More About Our Team

Serving Central & Northern Alberta Since 2001

LOCATED AT #101, 10033 – 80 AVE NW

Benefits of Mediation During a Divorce or Separation

July 3, 2018
A separation or divorce is a difficult time in anybody’s life and the entire process is emotionally draining. Even the smoothest and most uncontested divorces can leave both parties feeling physically and mentally exhausted as they try to negotiate their future and move forward with their separate lives. During this time, there is a lot to remember and a lot of feelings between parties that will surface and evolve.  This is the time to remember that there is a great deal of personal benefit in using mediation services during your divorce or separation. Sometimes the Opposing Party just Needs Another Voice If your relationship did not end as planned, chances are somebody initiated the divorce and somebody was left to pick up the pieces. While emotions are raw, facing your ex-partner is difficult. Being rational is even more so. It is normal to be at a loss for words or to be unable to fully express your thoughts and emotions.  Your difficulty in speaking can be perceived as anything from feeble to aggressive. Appearing weak leads to not being taken seriously or even being taken advantage of; aggressive often leads to the same reaction in response. You may not intend to give off these emotions, they may simply be a side effect of you trying to contain your own emotional turmoil. A mediator speaks for…
Read More Full Blog